Creative QualificationsStrong, accomplished creative leader
with 24+ years of successfully managing creative teams, proven record of successfully selling ideas, delivering superb creative under tight deadlines, and designing complex initiatives which spark results.
- Collaborative, clear communicator with superlative graphic, written and verbal skills.
- Qualified project manager who collaborates with cross-functional project stakeholders to establish goals, prioritize tasks and manage complex, multi-stage projects in a time-sensitive environment. Detail-oriented; productive, expediting the proposal process without compromising quality.
- Recognized as an innovative, key contributor able to strategically and critically approach creative projects and leverage knowledge to add value to clients.
- Strong time management prioritization, delegation, schedule and budget management skills.
orangesaladFounder/Creative Director 2003 – Present
Founded strategic agency providing creative direction and services to clients. Developed agency branding, built internal processes, and directed overall strategic vision. As Creative Director, ran day-to-day creative processes on multiple accounts and new business pitches. Hands on development of creative for clients from initial concept through final deliverables.
- Created new Audi Certified Pre-Owned POS packaging for Factory Labs which helped the agency land Audi as a client.
- Developed new ground breaking program in the Bahamas called WeCare for AF Holdings. The first affordable healthcare system of it’s kind in the Bahamas. Tasks included Strategic Development, Branding Development, Program Development, POS Packaging, B2B Packaging, Advertising, Marketing Research, Interactive Initiatives, and Web Development. The success of the WeCare launch sparked the development of WeGroup which encompassed WeBank, WeCard, WePay, WePoint, and WeCan.
- Created new brand and strategic initiatives for the City of Boulder’s CAP (Climate Action Plan) which included Strategic Development, Brand Development, PSA Advertising, and a video CAPumentary.
- Created brand identity for the new Boulder Civic Center.
Heinrich Marketing – Heinrich HispanidadActing Creative Director 2000 – 2008
Led creative team for one of the largest Direct Mail agencies, managing multiple accounts and projects from concept through completion. Day-to-day activities included hands on development of creative, supervising and inspiring creative team, new business pitches, and quality control over concepts and projects.
- Developed business pitches to land new clients such as Fifth Third Bank, LaSalle Bank, Country Insurance, CDOT (Colorado Department of Transportation), and WalMart.
- Created entire user interface for Macy’s card holders.
- Created launch material for The Wells Fargo Membership Program.
Peak Creative MediaCreative Director 1999 - 2000
Led a creative team devoted to creating new products and marketing for U.S. West/Qwest and managed multiple projects from concept through completion.
- Day-to-day activities included hands on development of creative, supervising and inspiring creative team, and quality control over concepts and projects.
- Helped guide and direct the implementation of the U.S. West brand to the newly acquired Qwest brand for all internal and external marketing avenues.
Heinrich MarketingArt Director 1997 - 1999
In charge of developing new creative for retail and banking clients.
- Managed projects from inception through completion working closely with creative team to ensure a quality end product for the client.
- Commissioned specialists, such as artists, copywriters, and photographers to work on projects.
- Maintained projects within time and budget.
Barron StoreyUnderstudy 1996
Studied under Barron Storey to enhance knowledge of illustrative style, and to grow as a creative.
- Mr. Storey is an accomplished illustrator who has created illustrations for magazines such as Boys’ Life, Reader’s Digest, National Geographic, leather-bound classics for the Franklin Library, books like War and Peace, and The Good Earth.
Foot Cone & BeldingFreelance 1996
Worked closely with Creative Directors at Foote Cone & Belding developing storyboards for the agencies existing clients such as Pilsbury.
Janus Capital CorporationSenior Art Director 1993 - 1996
Formulated concepts and lead creative staff in executing marketing materials for Janus Capital’s multi stock portfolios. Close collaboration with creative and marketing teams to ensure high quality communications for magazines, newspapers, B2B, internal and external marketing.
The Typesmith of ColoradoSenior Designer 1989 - 1993
Magazine design and execution including stat camera and litho work. Managed the day-to-day creation of monthly magazine development and staff ensuring high end product. Taught staff how to work efficiently on the newly introduced Macintosh computers.
Photoshop | Illustrator | InDesign | MS Word | Powerpoint
After Effects | Premier | Sound Edit | Final Cut Pro
Addy Awards: (1) Silver, (1) Bronze
Art Director’s Club of Denver: (2) Silver, (3) Bronze
Web Marketing Association: Award of Excellence
Summit Awards: (1) Gold, (3) Silver, (2) Bronze
AA, Colorado Institute of Art 1990